Aart de Geus
Chairman and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Synopsys
Since co-founding Synopsys in 1986, Dr. de Geus has expanded Synopsys from a start-up synthesis company to a global high-tech leader.
Long considered a pioneer in our industry, he’s been recognized for his technical, business and community achievements with multiple awards and honors, including:
- Electronic Business Magazine’s “CEO of the Year”
- The IEEE Robert N. Noyce Medal
- Phil Kaufman Award for distinguished contributions to EDA
- The GSA Morris Chang Exemplary Leadership Award
- The Silicon Valley Engineering Council Hall of Fame Award
- The SVLG Lifetime Achievement Award
- National Academy of Engineering, Foreign Member
He serves on the Boards of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, Applied Materials, the Global Semiconductor Alliance, and the Electronic System Design Alliance.