Dr. Bottoms received a B.S. degree in Physics from Huntington College in Montgomery, Alabama in 1965, and a Ph.D in Solid State from Tulane University in New Orleans in 1969 and is currently Chairman of Third Millennium Test Solutions. He has worked as a faculty member in the department of electrical engineering at Princeton University, manager of Research and Development at Varian Associates, founding President of the Semiconductor Equipment Group of Varian Associates and general Partner of Patricof & Co. Ventures. He has served as Chairman and CEO of many companies both public and private.
Dr. Bottoms has also served in a number of Government Advisory positions including Chairman of the Board on Assessment for NIST and a member of the Technical Advisory Committee on export controls for the US Commerce Department.
Dr. Bottoms has participated in the start up and growth of many companies through his venture capital activity and through his own work as an entrepreneur. These include companies in a wide range of industries. Among these companies are:
- Business Insurance Company
- Chevy’s Mexican Restaurants
- Credence Systems
- Johnny Rockets
- Microelectronics Packaging Inc.
- SBA Materials
- Southwest NanoTechnologies
- Third Millennium Test Solutions
Dr. Bottoms currently serves as:
- Emeritus Member of the Board of Tulane University
- Co-Chair of the Heterogeneous Integration Roadmap
- Chairman of the SEMI’s Awards Committee
- Chairman of the Packaging and Package Substrates Technical Working Group for INEMI
- Member of the Board of MIT’s Microphotonic Center
- Chairman of Fluence Analytics
- Chairman of Third Millennium Test Solutions