MILPITAS, Calif. — May 25, 2017 — Highlighting the key drivers of industry growth and innovation, SEMICON West 2017, July 11-13 at Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif., is focusing on today’s smart technologies. Given the explosive growth of electronics in automobiles ─ from infotainment to driver assistance ─ SMART Automotive is in the spotlight. As automobiles become mobile computing platforms, they require more intelligence, speed, and memory to meet ever-increasing requirements. The industry is responding with a new generation of ICs, sensors, telematics, artificial intelligence, embedded software, and machine learning solutions designed to enable advanced automotive systems, including powertrain control, connectivity, infotainment, security and safety mechanisms, and more.
In conjunction with SAE International (Society of Automotive Engineers) and other key players in the segment, SEMICON West 2017 will feature several informative sessions covering the microelectronics innovations that are revolutionizing the driving experience and driving demand for chips. SEMICON West’s new SMART Automotive sessions will provide an insider’s view into this rapidly accelerating market:
- From ADAS to Autonomous Vehicles — (R)evolution Driven by New Technologies ─ Luca De Ambroggi, IHS Markit
- New Generation of Automotive Semiconductors Self-Test Solutions ─ Stephen Pateras, Ph.D., Mentor Graphics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Self-driving Cars ─ Tim Wong, NVIDIA
- Accelerating the Future of the Connected Car ─ Nakul Duggal, Qualcomm Technologies
- Range Extension through Energy-efficient Connected Automated Driving ─ Brian McKay, Continental Automotive Systems
- Accelerating Autonomous Technology for Safety ─ David Agnew, Hyundai MOBIS
- IoT Cybersecurity - An End-to-End Business ─ Simon Hartley, RunSafe Security
- Accelerating ADAS System-on-a-Chip (SoC) Development with ASIL Certified IP ─ Ron DiGiuseppe, Synopsys
The Smart Automotive sessions will provide insights into the technologies, performance upgrades, and market trends shaping the future of the automotive industry and changing the world. The sessions are scheduled for Tuesday, July 12 from 10:30am to 12:35pm and 2:00 to 4:00pm. In addition, SEMI is planning to stage live demonstrations of some of the latest innovations behind today’s autonomous vehicle revolution.
SEMICON West, the flagship event for connecting the electronics manufacturing supply chain and adjacent segments, will be held July 11-13 at Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif. The event includes programs on 5G, Advanced Manufacturing, Advanced Packaging, Test, MEMS and Sensors, Materials, in addition to the SMART focus (Automotive, Manufacturing, and MedTech). For more information, visit www.semiconwest.org. Register now for best pricing.
SEMI® connects nearly 2,000 member companies and 250,000 professionals worldwide annually to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Since 1970, SEMI has built connections that have helped its members grow, create new markets, and address common industry challenges together. SEMI maintains offices in Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Grenoble, Hsinchu, Seoul, Shanghai, Silicon Valley (Milpitas, Calif.), Singapore, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.semi.org and follow SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Deborah Geiger/SEMI Headquarters
Phone: +1 408.943.7988