July 10, 2018 at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco
SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 25, 2018 – The future of computing, from materials to systems, will be discussed by the following experts at the AI Design Forum in San Francisco on Tuesday, July 10, 2018.
- Applied Materials: Gary Dickerson
- Cerebras: Dr. Gary Lauterbach
- Google, UC Berkeley: Dr. David Patterson in conversation with author John Markoff
- IBM: Dr. John E. Kelly III
- Intel (retired): Dr. Yan Borodovsky
- Intel (retired): Dr. Paolo Gargini
- NVIDIA: Dr. Bill Dally
- Qualcomm: Dr. Dileep Bhandarkar
- Qualcomm: Dr. Pr Chidambaram
- Real World Technologies: David Kanter
- Sandia National Labs: Dr. Conrad James
- Stanford University (visiting professor): Dr. Ali Keshavarzi
- Syntiant: Kurt Busch
AI is creating an exciting new era of growth for the semiconductor industry. It is also fueling a data explosion that will require order-of-magnitude improvements in chip and system performance and power efficiency – far beyond what classic Moore’s Law scaling and Von Neumann computing architectures can deliver. New breakthroughs will be needed, from materials to devices and systems: the AI Design Forum will identify and propose solutions to the biggest technology issues of our time.
The AI Design Forum is being hosted by SEMI Americas and Applied Materials, and runs concurrently with the SEMICON West trade show. Immediately following the Forum will be the SEMICON West Bulls and Bears Panel, moderated by The New York Times contributor Don Clark, with these panelists:
- Evercore ISI: CJ Muse
- Jefferies: Mark Lipacis
- Macquarie Group: Srini Pajjuri
- Morgan Stanley: Mark Edelstone
- New Street Research: Pierre Ferragu
For additional information, visit: http://bit.ly/2JAzITY. Follow the conversation on social media at #AIDesignForum.
Applied Materials, Inc. (Nasdaq: AMAT) is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future. Learn more at www.appliedmaterials.com.
SEMICON West is organized by SEMI Americas to connect more than 2,000 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics manufacturing. SEMICON West is celebrating its 47th year as the flagship event for the semiconductor industry. More at www.semiconwest.org.